Finding effective responses against cyber attacks in 2021 in Korea
Mr. JaeKwang Lee will share his experience and thoughts that were gained from many incidents cases. The main flow is as follows.
– Review incident case and think of Attacker’s movement.
– Question: how does current attack destroy our security system and what is our problem?
– Suggestion for better security protection.
Intelligence with Darkweb Threats targeting Financial Sectors
This session presents current cybercriminal activities and threats from darkweb targeting financial industry. It provides depth analysis on ransomware groups hide underneath darkweb leaking confidential data of ransomware victims and intelligence methodologies to trace criminals from the anonymous networks. It includes real profiling cases discovered via the darkweb intelligence platform.
Cyber Strategies for reskilling workforce in Asia
Even if only a subset of businesses directly produces, operates or sells cyber security solutions & consulting, every industry uses technology to deliver its products and/or services securely and efficiently to consumers. With the boom of the Cloud computing, the cybersecurity industry is facing an unprecedented challenge : finding and training enough cybersecurity experts to face an continuous growing threat of cyberattacks globally in a context of talent shortages, especially in APAC. This lecture will try to offer some avenues for thought about it : – What do cyber security professionals do nowadays ? – How can early or mid-career individuals undergo skills conversion to move to information security ? – What kind of training and extracurricular activities and exercises could enhance their learning and skills development ?
Real APT Attack Cases by North Korean Hacking Organizations
The latest North Korean cyber threats discovered during 2021 will be described by actual cases, and the characteristics of their threat activities will be explored.
In particular, the lecture will focus on how the attack was carried out on high-ranking officials and broadcasting companies in Korea.
In addition, the basis for North Korea’s actions will be examined by comparing the traces left during the APT attack and similar threats in the past.
Horizon scan in cybersecurity : innovation trends and opportunities
Cybersecurity is not a new problem. Saltzer and Schroeder defined general principles for the protection of information in computer systems in 1974, at a time when PDP-11 computers were being used for advancing particle physics. What is new is the impact that cybersecurity has on society, amplified by the complexity and pervasiveness of modern systems.
Addressing this impact is a wide-ranging endeavor, and innovation can be a key part of it. But to be successful, several important roadblocks need to be lifted:
– Identifying emerging trends and new societal, ethical and industrial challenges in the complex field of cybersecurity is difficult. Even more complicated is the continued synthesis of these strands into a coherent and prioritized scientific and technical picture that takes advantage of existing assets.
– Encouraging the use of creative approaches in the implementation of innovations into concrete and actionable results is a great way to find unconventional success and new avenues of disruption. While it requires careful monitoring and feedback, it keeps scientists and engineers on their toes and attracts the best minds in the field.
– Bringing together various communities and ecosystems – engaging with citizen and scientists, across geographies, maturity levels, and disciplines – is a fantastic way to reduce fragmentation and allow proper use of resources.
In this presentation we will present a horizon scan of challenges and opportunities, and several ongoing initiatives to lift innovation roadblocks.
CISOs : best protections in 2021 to defend their IT system
As businesses move into the post-COVID era, cyberattacks, digital transformation projects, or big data analytics are growing continuously. While organizations deploy virtual private network access, SIEM with SOAR capabilites, multi-factor authentication for cloud accounts, EDR solutions […] information security teams can’t stop 100% of attacks because of internal system factors and human vulnerabilities. How to ensure CISOs are aligned with today’s business and cyberthreat realities ? To maximize cybersecurity and data protection in 2021 and beyond, our panel composed with CISOs and IT security professional will share their insights to focus on some key capabilities like securing cloud-based solutions, culture of cybersecurity, aligning Cybersecurity with the Business, Cyber Resilience…
APT: lessons learned after remediation for critical industry
1. What makes critical industries like finance, energy, oil, communications, etc more vulnerable to APT attacks?
2. What are the key lessons from the past APT attacks on critical industries?
3. Are we prepared enough to protect our critical industries from future APT attacks?
Hackers: vulnerabilities against critical industry in 2021
1. As the the lines between physical and online worlds have blurred, creating an environment in which they are almost inseparable, to secure a city, a hospital, a bank, or a plant, can we still focus on controlling the movement of people, in, out and around them ? 2. What new opportunities cybercriminals use to attack the computer networks and systems of individuals, businesses and even global organizations in Asia in 2021?
Update Security Training strategies for employees
On-site training, Online training, In-classroom training, custom hackathons, upskilling and reskilling bootcamps,cybersecurity awareness campaigns, Mentorship or onboard new hires… Those are some of the new generation programs designed to help users, employees and professionals to understand the role they play in helping to combat information security breaches or participated actively to reduce vulnerabilities. Change management strategy, Technology/Subjects, Instructors have to be considered in the educational paths that a prospective cybersecurity professional can choose from to prepare them for the cyber workforce.